Through events such as Pizza Lunch, Breakfast with Santa, and the Norway P.S. Community Fun Day, the school council helps pay for school programs, classroom technology, and art projects.
During the 2016-2017 school year, we began a major fundraising initiative to improve Norway P.S.’s outdoor spaces for students, families, and the community. The Outdoor Space Improvement Campaign will run for several years. In March 2017, we worked with teachers, staff, and TDSB architects to develop a schoolyard improvement master plan.
- Norway Movie Nights
- Breakfast with Santa
- The Norway P.S. Community Fun Day
- Pizza Lunches give students a break from their regular packed lunches. Once a month, Norway parents/guardians serve pizza, juice, fruit, and cookies to students. Pizza lunches are held on October, November, December, February, March, April, May, and June. See the Events Calendar for dates.
In addition to fundraising events run by the School Council, we also sponsor events to give back to the Norway school community.
- Norway P.S.’s Parent Knowledge Conference is a two day event that gives Norway and community parents/guardians useful resources, tools and information they can draw upon day after day.
- Two Welcome Back Coffee and Treats events take place early each September and January. They are a great way for parents/guardians to get reacquainted with each other after the summer and winter breaks.
- Norway P.S.’s Dance Party gets the students moving and grooving to some great tunes. With strobe lights and light up toys, the gym is transformed into a rockin’ dance club. See the Events Calendar for the date of this year’s dance party.
- The Grade 6 Legacy Project shows off the artistic and creative talents of each graduating Grade 6 class. In March, the students sketch out their ideas on wood, and in May and June they paint their creations. Once they are done, they are displayed in the school yard for everyone to see.
- The End of the year BBQ in Cassels Park is council’s way to say thank you to all students and their families for a great year. After we serve hotdogs, drinks, and Freezies, the kids play in the water park and the adults relax on blankets. It’s a perfect summer night and a great beginning to the summer vacation.
Latest Council News
- Norway’s Bag2School clothing collection challenge
- How to use the School Cash Online payment portal
- Our community needs your help this holiday season
- Order your 2017 Norway Family Cookbook
- School Council planning meeting on October 24
Volunteer With Us!
Visit our Bringit page to volunteer for Norway School Council events.